HELP HOPE HEALING IN THE JOURNEY
What is Stephen Ministry?…. Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry equips laypeople to provide one to one Christian care to people in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives. Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry. The identity of those receiving care and everything they discuss with a Stephen Minister remain private.
A Stephen Minister Is…
1. A child of God who walks beside someone who is hurting.
2. A congregation member who is carefully selected to serve in this role because of his/her caregiving gifts.
3. A layperson with 50 hours of training in providing high-quality, distinctively Christian care.
4. A caring Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages.
5. Someone who meets faithfully each week with his/her care receiver for as long as there’s a need.
Classes Start October 22, 2018 | 6:30-8pm | Room 264
If you would like to become a Stephen Minister, please fill out this application and turn it in to Pastor John Cordova.
For those looking to receive care from a Stephen Minister:
Stephen Ministers can provide the emotional and spiritual care we need when faced with a crisis or difficulty such as…
Loss of a loved one
Divorce or Separation
Loneliness or Discouragement
Unemployment or a job crisis
A terminal illness
Birth, adoption, miscarriage, or infertility
A Chronic Illness
Recovery after an accident or disaster
Many other life challenges
If you would like to meet with a Stephen Minister about any of the above difficulties, please fill out the application below and turn it in to Pastor John Cordova.
For questions, please contact Pastor John – email@example.com
Hospital visits, prayer or someone to listen.
Contact: Pastor John Cordova
763-425-2246 / firstname.lastname@example.org
A ministry funded for members in financial need due to unexpected expenses & family emergencies.
Visit the church office or call for application, 763-425-2246.
If you would be interested in a visit by our visitation team, call Pastor John Cordova at 763-425-2246 ext. 236